Whatever brand archetype your company chooses, all its efforts have to support that brand’s message and deliver a digital customer experience consistently.
Brands, with their deeper iconic value, were valuable because of the intangible meanings they offered. In this environment, companies that confuse their brand identity, such as Levi’s or Nike, find that distorting their archetypal images resulted in decreasing sales and profits.
Continuing the analysis performed so far, the Lover brand and digital customer experience archetype governs all forms of human love. Symbols of this archetype — whose key message is: “You are the only one” — include Sophia Loren, Clark Gable, Elizabeth Taylor, chocolates, Haagen Dazs and romance novels.
The Lover aids us in becoming attractive to others and also helps us develop skills of emotional and sexual intimacy.
Lover brands are common in the cosmetics, jewelry, fashion and automotive. Companies that choose, or were chosen by, this positioning include Alfa Romeo, Haagen-Dazs and Chanel. FCA (Fiat Chrysler Automobiles) picked up on this with an ad that states, “Without a soul, there’s just a shell. Without passion, these would just be cars.”
Customers with a highly developed Lover archetype like being singled out for attention. They like digital notices “to our special customers” announcing a sale that has not yet been announced to other customers. They like a digital customer experience app who knows their name and asks about them.
Lovers may also be known as partners, friends and matchmakers. The Lover is a promising identity for your brand and the customer experience you provide if your products represent either intimacy or elegance, help people find love or friendship, foster beauty and are moderately priced to expensive.
- The Innocent: Life does not have to be hard, this myth promises.
- The Explorer: Don’t fence me in.
- The Sage: Sharing wisdom with you.
- The Hero: Triumphing over adversity and evil.
- The Outlaw: Rules were meant to be broken.
- The Magician: The shaman at the forefront of great scientific changes.
- The Regular Guy/Girl: The virtues of being ordinary.
- The Lover: Intimacy and elegance.
- The Jester: To live in the moment with full enjoyment, having fun, and stop worrying about consequences.
- The Caregiver: The altruist, moved by compassion, generosity and a desire to help others.
- The Creator: Helping you be you (only better).
- The Ruler: Queens, kings, CEO’s, presidents, or anyone with power represents the ruler.