20-Years History Of The Most Heard Sound Logo
A sound logo is a trademark where sound is used to perform the function of uniquely identifying the commercial, archetypical origin of products or services.
This post and video is Neosperience homage to Nokia. Its ringtone has been the most heard sound logo, surpassing 1 billion times every day around the world.
The video shows how the Nokia sound logo evolved throughout the years:
- 1994 – Nokia sound logo is spotted as the ringtone of the first ever mobile phone ad, a phrase from a composition for solo guitar, Gran Vals, by the Spanish classical guitarist and composer Francisco Tárrega, written in 1902.
- 1999 – Here we have the Nokia tune in his rough monophonic version featured in the Nokia 3310, one of the best selling mobile phones in history.
- 2003 – The 3510 upgrades the sound to be polyphonic Midi.
- 2005 – The sound logo evolves as Nokia introduce mp3 ringtones in high-end devices like the 9500 Communicator.
- 2007 – Reflecting the “connecting people” brand positioning and the new trend of the time, with the advent of the N95 Nokia sound logo becomes more human, musical and holistic.
- 2011 – Nokia N9 introduces a new pure and minimalistic direction. The sound logo evolves into a more functional direction.
Nokia sound logo will be remembered as the signature of a great company that changed the world before the advent of iPhone and Android devices as we know them today, and that didn’t manage to adapt to a new world.
Thank you for the magic, Nokia. We at Neosperience will always be grateful to you as the company that gave birth to our professional history.
And thanks to the many remarkable people with whom we had the privilege to pave the way for the biggest business ecosystem in history.